The seven reasons why sustainability makes good business sense, according to Al Gore:
- Pollution is waste and the result of inefficiencies. The message: Polluting companies are inefficient.
- Sustainability enhances brand reputation.
- There are long-term returns in being sustainable. At some point, stakeholders will hit companies with short-term focus.
- Customers and partners are demanding sustainable business practices.
- Carbon tracking will be integrated into business processes as regulators require it across the globe.
- Sustainability can boost employee morale and attract the next generation of customers.
- Tackling a topic such as innovation leads to new innovations.
[via Smart Planet]