Reasons for rethinking business as we go forward to 2011 and beyond. According to McKinsey Quarterly, there are five global forces that will shape the future of business and society that represents both opportunities and challenges.
“These trends are important because each of them can create, reshape, or extinguish entire industries,” says Patrick Vigueri of McKinsey’s. (emphasis added)
1. The rise of emerging market as the center of consumerism and innovation.
2. The imperative to improve developed-market productivity.
3. Ever-expanding (and interconnected) global networks.
4. The tension between rapidly rising resource consumption and sustainability.
5. The increasingly larger role of the state as a business partner and regulator.
Watch the video.
For transcript, here.